Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Reflection of Thyself

When reviewing my blog, it is clear to me that there have been evolutions in my processes beyond the lessening of the amount of grammatical errors. When reading my historical first post, I can understand that I had pre-conceived notions about what I thought was right and where I stood regarding the role of the United States in world issues. At the same time, I feel now that my previous views were not immature, because by no means was I oblivious to the idea that sacrifice is inevitable in all situations. I am also impressed that I was cognizant of the fact that no longer does the U.S. have the ability to do everything by itself, as some of our previous administrations have believed. I understood that a greater amount of success can come from a worldly effort to lessen human suffering.

In terms of what I have learned, I think I have grown in my ability to portray my views and knowledge of subjects in a more precise and confident manner, and deepened my understanding of the complexity of the issues that the U.S. faces. I have come to the realization that sometimes, in order to understand a whole picture, it is important to focus solely on singular parts. Through this technique I have been able to gain a great amount of insight into the purposes of certain types of foreign policy. My research has allowed me to understand that almost equal negative aspects couple the positives of good-hearted actions. I have grown in my thinking to be more realistic that sometimes the best choice is not the choice that my conscious wants. My view has also deepened by my acknowledgement that in order to have more strength in my argument I must understand all dimensions of the argument. This has caused me to look more into the positive and negative effects of methods used in foreign policy, instead of just the ways in which I believe that government should act.

Through my deepening of knowledge, I have been able to strengthen my abilities to emit what I know precisely. I also have evolved by becoming multi-dimensionally knowledgeable about the argument over the role of the U.S. as the supreme power of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment